Social Media and Marketing Your Hotel Business

twitter-292994_960_720

Now that it’s 2018, marketing yourself on social media has become an essential part of marketing. In the past, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook were used solely for things such as showing off what you had for dinner or what your weekend plans are. However, things have changed, and there is an entirely new aspect to social media that can be greatly beneficial to your and your hotel business.

As hoteliers, we all understand that there is an abundance of marketing tools needed to successfully attract clients and get them to book on your site. However, other than social media, there are also other steps that you can take to promote and advertise your hotel business.

  • Social Engagement

So, you’ve got your business up and running and are posting regularly on all your social media networks. However, you’re not getting the response that you’ve had in mind. The most likely reason for this is that you’re not posting relevant content that keeps you readers and followers engaged.

The best thing that you can do is to focus on posting relatable content, holding competitions, giveaways and asking questions that engage your viewers. Furthermore, if you’re currently experiencing a lull, maybe it’s time to run a competition by asking your viewers to share stories and rewards them with discounts or all-inclusive stays at your hotel.

  • Brand Promotion

In general, people tend to make up their minds within a matter of seconds. Therefore, it’s always crucial to make the best first impression possible.

And, while promoting your hotel and brand may require a small investment, the benefits and positive results will make it well worth it in the long run. By using paid social ads you’ll be able to target specifically the people that you want to attract to your business. And, also, you’ll be able to promote your rooms, offers and other business aspects that are likely to attract new customers.

In the end, remember that every post or advertisement that you make will directly represent your brand. Therefore, make sure that every post counts.

  • Don’t Forget About Links

While you’re trying to promote your hotel and brand awareness, it’s important to remember that your main objective is to simply get visitors to your website. Also, keep in mind that 80% of your website focus should be directed toward engaging content, while the other 20% should be directed toward sales. Regardless, no matter what you’re posting about, just make sure that it links back to your site. One good technique is to give readers just enough to get them interested and then direct them back to your site to get them to learn more about your business. Remember, that as soon as they’re on your site, you have the power to direct them where to go next.

In conclusion, we also want to mention how important it is to make use of popular influencers that are already established in the industry. Never underestimate the power that an influencer can have on promoting your business. By posting about your hotel, they might be able to create a buzz about your business which could be exactly the boost that you’ve been looking for.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *